Sunday 19 March 2017

Cactus flowers in a recycled perfume bottle coloured with alcohol inks!


Hi everyone, the weekend is drawing to a close,
 but I've had a lot of fun catching up with family, so I'm happy!

This project cases some paper flowers by Sarita at Little Princess Cards. I saw them on pinterest and loved them! She has a great tutorial on her site and I decided to put mine onto wires in a vase, so poked 2 holes into the circle and "threaded" the florist wire through to create these stems.

 Mine are a little skeletal in the photo, bit more substantial in real life. I've popped the wires into a recycled perfume bottle that I've coloured with alcohol inks. There's some green glass chips from Ikea inside to give some weight to the bottle.

I'm linking up to the challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday where the theme is handmade flowers.

Simon Monday Challenge Blog Logo

The flowers are made by cutting pieces of card from a scrap, so I'm also linking up to the snippets playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop. Mind you, I've still got plenty left from the scrap I was cutting from, reckon I could easily make another 3 flowers!!

Snippets Playground Badge

Supplies"
Metallic gems from stash coloured with chameleon pens; florist wire; glossy accents; alcohol inks.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x

15 comments:

Aileen said...

Cathy, wow beautiful project. Love how you have used the perfume bottle and the gems onto wires. They look so so good.

Brenda in IN said...

I am completely blown away by this. The bottle you colored with alcohol inks is simply gorgeous and looks so expensive. Then the flowers - oh my gosh, how great are they! This is so artistic looking and I love them.

BożenA said...

Amazing and such pięlne !! I love the ruffled flowers, but also the great vase. Miraculous!
Hugs,
BozenA

MaryH said...

What a gorgeous project to display on a shelf. TFS the link, which I shall check out. Love the recycled bottle - so pretty and I love these feather flowers too! Definitely lots of snippety bits on this one! TFS & Hugs

Susanne Vargas said...

This looks fabulous! Those flowers are so unique and the colors on the vase really pretty!

Catherine said...

Wow, your flowers are fabulous and so unique! I love the way you used the empty perfume bottle. The alcohol inks worked beautifully. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Cathie ♥

Di said...

Totally stunning Cathy - what a fabulous use of little snippets, I had to hop over to look at the link - so clever and your vase is beautiful too!

Hugs

Di xx

Cat Craig said...

Great project Cathy!

Sarn said...

Certainly VERY striking and utterly gorgeous. Thanks for sharing the link back to Sarita. Definitely worth having a go at!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Stunning project Cathy!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Elizabeth said...

These are stunning! And upcycled perfume bottle is fabulous too. Elizabeth xx

Anita in France said...

Wow, Cathy, what a gorgeous project! Those dainty blooms are so delicate and artsy ... fabulous in that wonderful bottle! Hugs, Anita :)

Sarn said...

Hi Cathy . . . I've now made 2 of these flowers and am pleased with the results. THANK YOU so much for sharing. xxx

roffeycreations said...

Gorgeous - love it when you go all artsy... Mxxx

Loll said...

Wow ... I missed this post, but came here from SARN's blog where she mentioned she was inspired by your flowers. They are so cool. And I LOVE the AI perfume bottle. Totally inspiring, Cathy! xx