Sunday 3 April 2016

Inlaid diecut flower


Hi everyone, we wound our clocks back early this morning as daylight savings ended. It was so nice to spend the extra hour in bed!

I'm starting early on some Mother's Day cards, (we celebrate it in May here in Australia).
I love these pandas but they stamp with a scratchy finish and I can't help myself but colour it in so it's an even black! I use archival jet black as it's nice and dark.

The challenge at Addicted to CAS is inlaid dies.


I used a sentiment die from Lawn Fawn and added a flower die from Memory Box , snipping it to suit, at the end. Its cut from a scrap of leftover card coloured with green and silver gelatos'and has a lovely shimmer.
 I diecut the petals from a scrap (and I mean a tiny scrap) of  pink brushos paper left over from another project. I inlaid these into the petal outline.

Using up snippets means I can pop over to the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.

Pixies Crafty Workshop

I'm also playing at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where it's anything goes,
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog

and at Simon Says Work It Wednesday where the theme is pastels.

workitwedbanner

Supplies:
Mama Elephant pandemonium stamp; archival jet black ink; SU fancy fans embossing folder;
Lawn Fawn Mother's Day border die; Memory Box Arianna Sprig die; brushos; gelatos; foam tape.

Thanks for visiting, Cathy x

13 comments:

Kath said...

A lovely card - very CAS but with great detail too. Our clocks went forward last weekend and I'm still getting used to the change in time as the mornings are darker to get up!
Kath x

Di said...

Fabulous card Cathy - love the inlaid flower and those pandas are the cutest! I was so tempted to run off and tret myself to a set as I've been looking for panda stamps for a while (Mama Elephant I think?). Then you saying they stamp scratchy made me pause. Is that the design itself or is it just the stamp construction - if that makes sense. Would be really interested to know what ou think.

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground!

Hugs

Di xx

Darnell said...

This is so adorable for a snippets Mother's Day card, Cathy! And I love your sweet inlaid flower!! (I'm with you on coloring in, especially the blacks on pandas and penquins!) Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

So cute, Cathy ... those panda's are so cute ... and cosy with that fab texture-y background! Sorry I've not been around for a while ... have enjoyed seeing your stunning butterfly creations from the last few weeks though! Should be back to normal service next week! Hugs, Anita :)

Barb said...

Hi Cathy, Your card is lovely. That is such a pretty die and your pandas are very cute.

How interesting that you had an exra hour in bed this week. Last weekend in the UK our clocks went forward and hour and we lost an hour's sleep. It is good that the evening are now getting lighter though. Barbxx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

So adorably cute - love those pandas and a great collection of elements with your beautiful inlaid flower. thanks for sharing at ATCAS this week. Sarah

Paru Mahtani said...

Love the pandas and the delicate sentiment!
Do stop by and play Paru’s Card Making Challenges!!
http://paruscardmakingchallenges.blogspot.in/

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Such adorable guys! This is beautiful card, love the textured background and delicate flower/sentiment part. Thank you for sharing at ATCAS this week!

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable card! Such a wonderful design!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Sarn said...

Such a sweet card. xxx

Andrea W said...

The pandas are darling and make a great Mother's Day Card.

Sue - said...

Love your cute pandas, but I know what you mean about colouring them so the colour is even. I do the same with some of my stamps.

BożenA said...

Great inland die work. I love your card, it is very cheerful.
hugs,
BozenA