Thursday 23 May 2013

Sympathy with poppies


Hi, sadly I need to make some sympathy cards at the moment.

I've used my newly acquired memory Box Prim poppies die and coloured it with tombow markers.
The sentiment is from a Papertrey Ink sympathy set of stamps.

 I've mounted my embossed panel and my sentiment onto dark green card, as black seemed too dark. I sponged the cream cardstock with Versamark sand beige ink.

I'm going to enter the Anything Goes challenge at Addicted to Stamps & More.

At A Blog Named hero, the theme is to Clean Up Your Act, by making a clean and simple card.

Materials used: Memory Box Prim Poppies & Butterfly dies; Papertrey Ink sympathy stamp; Stampin Up Fancy Fan embossing folder; watercolour paper; Tombows; Versafine ink & clear embossing powder.

Thanks for visiting :)

16 comments:

rachel said...

stunning card Cathy - these are always the hardest to make xx

sandie said...

This is a stunning card Cathy. The embossed background is the perfect setting for these stunning flowers. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.

Julia Aston said...

the pop of the pink poppies is so pretty against that wonderfully embossed background Cathy!

Anonymous said...

Another beauty this week Kathy. Thank you for playing along with the ATS&M Challenge this week.
Florence x

Jules said...

Hi Cathy

I really struggle to make sympathy cards .. .. not because they are difficult .. .. just because they are tinged with sadness :-(

You have done really well here though.

Sorry you need to make them :-(

Love Jules xx

roffeycreations said...

Very elegant - Mxx

Bonnie said...

This is a beautiful sympathy card, Cathy! Sadly, I need to make one too.

Seraphinas Phantasie said...

Just wonderful ! I like the colors and your design.

MaryH said...

Sympathy cards are so difficult, but this one is so beautiful, it is sure to comfort the recipients. You thought of them and took the time to create something lovely. TFS
(ps..I'm trying to get to Maudieroff to check if I'm following her. I don't understand about the google circle thing, and I can't get back to her blog. She said she is following my blog, but I don't see her...could you have her contact me and maybe we can figure this out???Thank you so much)

Inkyfingers said...

What a soothing design - great for a sympathy card, and the embossing really provides a great background.

Anonymous said...

The poppies are so lovely, Cathy, and the dimension on the inked background panel is amazing, ... a perfect sympathy card! Anita :)

Darnell said...

A classic masterpiece, Cathy, truly! I love that sentiment!!

Michelle Lupton said...

What a lovely sentiment for a sympathy card. Thanks for playing along with A Blog Named Hero's CAS challenge :)

scrappymo! said...

That is a wonderful sentiment...it soay so much more than the written words...
Lovely Sympathy card, Cathy.

Danielle Vincent said...

A beautiful Sympathy card. The pop of color is just perfect - subtle and soothing yet very pretty too. Thanks for joining us this week at ATS&M

Ina G said...

Another beautiful card Cathy - so cas and love the brightly coloured poppies.