Monday 6 May 2013

Glitter Butterfly


Hi, a while ago I made a card using the Penny Black Social Butterfly and I really liked the colours.
 So I thought I'd make another one. Disaster struck!! Once I colour my image I like to go around the edges with a black tombow to cover up the white card edge. I slipped and had a big black stripe on one of the wings! All that work fussycutting and colouring for nothing...I rescued the butterfly from the bin and chopped off the offending piece. It sort of looks as if I angled it this way on purpose heehee!

I'm going to enter a new challenge for me,  A Blog Named Hero, where the theme is All that Glitters.

My coloured card stock is snippets, in some ways so is the butterfly! So I'm entering the playground again at Pixie's Crafty Workshop. It's great fun, to play along you just need to use a scrap or snippet in your project.

I'm also entering the challenge at Make It Monday, where it's Anything Goes and the idea is to share and get inspiration from fellow card makers.

Materials used: PB Social Butterfly; Sizzix embossing folder; Tombows; Stickles; 

Thanks for visiting :)

21 comments:

Di said...

Wahoo Cathy - this is flipping brilliant! Looks as if you did that deliberately with the butterfly - if you hadn't 'fessed up we'd never have known! Very clever idea.

Hugs, Di xx

roffeycreations said...

Wow - you do like blue dont you...LOL - thanks for the other sites to put my cards too by the way... am getting quite a list now... hugs Mxx

Debra Miller said...

This is lovely Cathy, love the butterfly so pretty. Saw it on MIM. Deb

Rhonda Miller said...

What a pretty card. I saw it on MIM.

Denise Price said...

Wow, fabulous save on the butterfly. It truly looks great this way, and no one would ever have known the story behind it if you hadn't told it here. This is a gorgeous card, sure to make the recipient very happy.

rachel said...

this is beautiful Cathy - that butterfly is just fabulous xx

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow! I really love this card. Saw it on MIM139 Make it Monday and had to take a closer look. I love how you saved the butterfly! Just a beautiful card!

Elizabeth said...

Hi Cathy, if you hadn't told me, I'd never have guessed that your butterfly wasn't meant to look 'off the page'. Your card is beautiful. Elizabeth xx

Karen Petitt said...

Beautiful card Cathy - and your butterfly is awesome hugs Karen x

Darnell said...

I love that you and Mo are beside each other in Pixie's and both did Mom's cards, one white, one black, both butterflies ... and both just stunning! I have four sisters and not ONE of them is into cards. I envy you that kind of shared creativity!!

Jules said...

Hi Cathy

Your card is brilliant and until I read your post I thought this is how you meant it to be .. .. so pleased you rescued that beautiful butterfly!!!

Hope you have a good week and enjoyed the bank holiday break.

Love Jules xx

Inkyfingers said...

Great save with the butterfly Cathy and such beautiful glittering. Love the embossed background.

Monica said...

I think it looks really trendy the way you angled the butterfly. Very clever indeed to cover the faux pas.
Lovely card.
Monica xxx

Sarn said...

What a GREAT SAVE Cathy. Perfect.

xxx

loz said...

Gorgeous card and image Cathy..Loz
Visiting from MIM...

kReN said...

I am your newest follower. Come and follow me and see what I do!
Love your butterfly card. I love the colors and layout.

kren@
http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

Jane said...

Hi Cathy I saw you on MIM , what a sweet card..love the butterfly x

Mrs A. said...

Without you fessing up we would be none the wiser. Glad you rescued your butterfly from the bin. hugs Mrs A.

Viv said...

So very gorgeous Cathy :) Viv xx

Billie A said...

Love the butterfly and the colors. Wonderful card. I saw you on MIM.

Lucy Newton said...

Beautiful butterfly! Thanks for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero!